|About PRINCE2 Agile®|
PRINCE2 Agile® is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting
from PRINCE2®. It provides
further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world's most recognized project management method.
PRINCE2 Agile® has been developed in response to demand from user communities and designed to help experienced
PRINCE2® practitioners tailor management controls for agile development, while helping agilistas understand
PRINCE2® governance requirements.
|Key benefits of PRINCE2 Agile®|
- Focus on both management and delivery
- Scale to your precise requirements
- Control, good governance, flexibility and pragmatism
- Works with any established Agile approach
- Takes your projects and working practices to another level of success and achievement
|Key features of PRINCE2 Agile®|
- Four principles that encompass four key things:
- Lean and flow based approaches (Kanban, Lean Startup)
- Iterative and Timeboxed (Scrum)
- Project Focused (DSDM, FDD)
- Standalone techniques (user stories)
|Benefits of PRINCE2 Agile® to Organizations|
- Realize early benefits of products
- Improved communication through common terminology across PRINCE2® and Agile disciplines
- Perfect combination of complete control and true flexibility
- Most up-to-date and relevant view of Agile Project Management methodologies
|Benefits of PRINCE2 Agile® to Individuals|
- Improved career progression
- Recognized globally with international qualification
- Broad understanding of key Agile concepts and how these blend seamlessly with PRINCE2®
- Earn 15 Continuing Professional Development point for maintaining PRINCE2® Qualification
- Earn upto 40 PDUs for PMI® Qualification(s)
|About the Training Course|
We offer this learning in classroom and webinar (live, instructor led) formats.
The PRINCE2 Agile® course introduces you to the guidance for tailoring PRINCE2® to work seamlessly
with Agile methodologies while ensuring complete control, flexibility and practical governance.
The learning contains all of the training and materials required to attain the PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner
- PRINCE2® Foundation...
- PRINCE2® Practitioner...
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Certified Associate in Project Management
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at Project Managers who hold valid PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification. It is targeted for
those who need a good understanding of agile concepts within PRINCE2® Project Management environment.
- Consultants/contract staff operating in a PRINCE2® environment needing to blend with agile practices
- Project Managers
- Programme Managers
- Team Managers and support staff
- People who will have a defined role within a project team operating in a PRINCE2® and/or Agile project
- People with governance responsibilities for project using agile delivery approaches
What is covered?
A thorough learning of tailoring PRINCE2® to enable managing projects that use agile practices.
The course will discuss —
- Definition of a Project and BAU and their relationship to products/outcomes/benefits
- Benefits of a structured approach to Agile based Project Management
- Primary understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SAFe)
- PRINCE2® roles vis-à-vis Agile roles (e.g. Servant Leadership etc.)
- The agile behaviours, concepts and techniques
- The hexagon of performance aspects (which to fix and which to flex - how?)
- Agile Quality -- the definition of 'Done'
- Tools and Techniques like —
- Burn Charts and Information Radiators
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Kanban Boards
- User Stories
- Releases and Retrospectives
- Workshops and Work Packages
- Thorough guidance for tailoring the Seven Principles, Themes and Processes of PRINCE2®
- Tailoring guidelines for the 26 (twenty six) PRINCE2® Management Products
- One full length Practitioner exam paper for practice with answers and rationale
On completion of the course the participants should be able to apply PRINCE2 Agile® to projects within their
- Objective testing - multiple choices
- 50 questions worth one mark each - based on a described scenario
- 30 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 60%
- Two and half hours (150 minutes) duration
- Open book (Official PRINCE2 Agile® guide only)
- The actual workshop duration during the day may differ based on regions, time zone, trainer etc.